CED 2015 Annual Report
Service to State and People of WV
The Center for Excellence in Disabilities (CED) has served the state and people of West Virginia for 38 years by:
- Providing clinical and community care to persons with disabilities;
- Providing support services to families of persons with disabilities;
- Training direct care providers with the most up-to-date, evidence based methods;
- Educating the next generation of service providers from multiple disciplines throughout the state;
- Conducting competitive research to advance the best practices in services and training for persons with disabilities; and
- Providing policy makers with objective information about the status of disabilities services in WV.
With staff housed in 11 counties and serving all 55 counties in WV, our services are strengthened by the helpful guidance of our comprehensive Community Advisory Committee. Our strong partnerships with West Virginia Advocates and the West Virginia Developmental Disabilities Council also ensures that CED services are complimentary, efficient and economical for persons with disabilities and their families.